Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Same Time + Same Place = I May Officially be a Blogger Now

Wow. I had the option of going to bed early after 5 hours of work and 6 hours of school and 1 hour of homework and what do I do? I blog.
That's a scary thought.
Also, just as a side note, I find it very strange that I am blogging (oh Lord, please don't let me be a “blogger”) more than usual considering I have to “blog” 3-5 times a week for an English assignment. You'd think I'd hate coming home and doing it again. Hmm.
I guess I have nothing in particular to say today. Oh, before I forget, shout-out to Emma Gee, one of my amazing, gorgeous best friends. Happy 17th Birthday, girl!
Anyways, I might actually have a really serious question. Here it goes: what came first, the chicken or th...just kidding. I would never bore you with evolution crap.
My question is: why are people fakers. I'm a sales associate, and I go through a lot of people per shift. Hundreds of transactions a month. That means I ask the question, “How are you today,” at least fifty times a night. And my response, 99.9% of the time, is “I'm good. How are you?”
And do you know what I say? “Good.”
If I were really being honest, I would say, “Well, for starters, I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately with school and work and other activities. Secondly, my feet hurt like heck. Thirdly, I really wish I...”
Why are we always good? I like to call it “The Great American Lie” because it may be the most commonly used word in the workplace. Maybe even in church, or family or with friends. Why are we always good?

No comments:

Post a Comment